I’m sure even most Mumbaikars are not aware that Mumbai is home to a world class museum. The Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (formerly known as Prince Of Wales Museum) is definitely worth a visit.
If you’re not sure where to take your kids on a holiday, this is one destination you should definitely head to. Its natural history section is home to all kinds of animals & birds (although they’re not real, they look real enough, and its a lot better than the zoo).
Wild animals at the museum
- Looking for project help, assignment help, writing help, research help?
- Want to tidy up things to get more more marks?
- Want to speed up things so that you can focus on the more important tasks or spend more time with family?
For an entry fee of around Rs 100, there’s a lot for kids to see. If you’re with kids, as you enter the building, head straight to the birds & animals section (Natural History Section).
Aquatic / Marine animals at the museum
- Birds Section: Good collection of all kinds of birds
- Animal Section: The animal section has giant sized animals that will surely excite your kids. Animals to lookout for Deers, Black Bucks, bear, Rhinos, bison, monkeys, lion, tiger, squirrels, rabbits, mice, rodents, cheetah, elephants.
- Aquatic Life: Large displays of saw fish, crocodile, sea turtles and varieties of sea turtles & tortoise.
Birds at the museum
Estimated time: At least 1 hour to cover the childrens’ section (Natural History) alone
To Carry: Water bottle, other things will have to be checked in with the security
Review: Must visit
Getting There: 159-161 M.G. Road, Shahid Bhagat Singh Marg, Kala Ghoda, Fort, A little ahead of Jehangir Art Gallery, and before Regal cinema
Timing: Tuesday – Sunday.(Monday Closed) 10.15 a.m. – 5.45 p.m.