Top BMS (Bachelor of Management Studies) colleges in Mumbai where students can apply after their HSC results. Here’s more on the best BMC courses, their requirements, cut-off and tips for choosing a college for BMS.
What is BMS?
Bachelor of Management Studies or BMS is an undergraduate program for management studies offered by many universities and colleges in India (and throughout the world). Course prepares student to exploit opportunities in the Management profession by providing students with adequate exposure to various Management topics.
- Looking for project help, assignment help, writing help, research help?
- Want to tidy up things to get more more marks?
- Want to speed up things so that you can focus on the more important tasks or spend more time with family?
Top BMS Colleges
Here are the Top Colleges in Mumbai for BMS (Bachelor of Management Studies), based on factors like reputation of college, infrastructure, faculty, crowd, exposure, placements. Some colleges like St Xavier’s College conduct their own entrance exams for admissions.
- St. Xavier’s College. CST
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics. Vile Parle
- HR College of Commerce and Economics. Churchgate
- Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Churchgate
- Jai Hind College. Churchgate
- Mithibai College. Vile Parle
- KC College.
- Usha Pravin Gandhi College of Management.
- RA Podar College of Commerce and Economics.
- SIES College. Nerul, Navi Mumbai
- K. J. Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce.
To get admission in Bachelor of Management Studies, you need the following:
- 10+2 or any other equivalent qualification with minimum 50% marks.
- Top/reputed universities and colleges may conduct entrance examination for admission.
Factors to Consider
Things to consider when choosing a college for BMS:
Reputation of the college:
It always helps to have a good college name on your resume. The National Accreditation and Assessment Council (NAAC) awards a rating out of 4 for each college affiliated to the university, which is given based on various aspects such as Infrastructure, Academic record, Faculty, etc. Generally, colleges having a NAAC rating above 3 or 3.25 out of 4 are considered to be the better ones, and should be preferred while taking admission.
Competent professors will help you understand the various concepts better. Its important to get in a college with excellent faculty.
BMS students have to do lot of presentations, project works and assignments. For proper presentations to be conducted, the college should have facilities such as computers/laptops, projectors, podium or an Audio Visual Room having all these facilities so that the students get a feel of giving formal presentations as they will in the future working for top organizations.
An important aspect of BMS course is Industrial Visits or IVs. IVs enables students to get hands-on experience of visiting a factory or a plant and knowing about the process of manufacturing, processing, packaging and delivering of a product.
The best BMS colleges offer internships to students during summer vacations. These internships help students gain valuable work experience and also get an internship certificate, which is a big plus on the resume.
Top BMS Colleges offer job placements for their TY graduated students, with decent pay packages.
The students you learn and deal with play an important role in shaping your overall personality. The top colleges have students who are focused and goal-oriented.
According to students, this is the most sought-after and busiest place in the whole of college. The well established colleges have clean and hygienic canteens and mostly, they are quite reasonable too.
Seminars and Events in College:
Choose a college which holds a lot of seminars and events for its students as you get to know industry trends, different people and network with them.